Holland celebrates King's day
Kingdom of Netherlands celebrated National day – a birthday of a King. On this acasion, HE Dutch ambassador Marriet Schuurman, organized reception at new Macedonian national theater building. Many guest arrived and Mrs. Schuurman received reward from choreographer Risima Rsimnkin for supporting her Center.
Here is HE speech, about Holland’s National day:
“Today we celebrate our national day.
Our national day is a birthday party: we celebrate the birthday of our King.
On King’s Day, our national day, we celebrate what unites us.
That is what tonight is about: to celebrate the values that unite us – freedom, diversity, creativity, free and independent thinking.
Tonight’s performance by the Dutch company Introdans is a symbolic present for today’s birthday party. A present from the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Republic of Macedonia. A present that symbolizes what connects the people in both our countries.
There could not have been a better present to mark those connections and the values of freedom and diversity that we share.
- Modern dance allows people to express themselves freely as individuals without constraints. It is one of the forms of artistic expression that allows people to broaden their horizons and to connect and interact across the boundaries of countries, language and culture.
- Modern dance has become one of the best known Dutch cultural export products, next to Dutch Design. Not because it is typically Dutch, but because the Netherlands has established a reputation in modern dance, thanks to famous choreographers like Van Manen, which has attracted young talents from around the world to come and study in the Netherlands. This international aspect has only added to the quality and reknown of the Dutch tradition in modern dance.
- Because the crossborder cooperation between Macedonia and the Netherlands in the field of modern dance is one of the most succesful examples of what cooperation and free exchange of visions and ideas can lead to. After 7 years of cooperation, and with the vision and perseverance of Risima Risimkin, Macedonia is now clearly established itself of the world map of modern dance.
In short: excellent example on how connecting people across borders helps us to make a better and more beautiful world. To create new, unique things.
That is why I am extremely proud of receiving the Menada award. I don’t see this as an award for me personally, but to all those actively involved, in Macedonia and the Netherlands, to make this story of working together towards a common goal such a unique success story.”
- A Call to Defend Democracy - June 26, 2020
- Oral hearings in German Constitutional Court about the law on global internet surveillance by German foreign intelligent Agency (BND) - January 14, 2020
- The noise of criticism without arguments - October 1, 2019