Competition for multimedia products “Multi-via-media: How do we coexist together in the schools”
USAID Interethnic Integration in Education Project and the Macedonian Institute for Media are announcing a secondary school competition for multimedia products, with the topic: “Multi-via-media: How do we coexist together in the schools”
The aim of this competition is to incentivize secondary school students and teachers to produce multimedia products through which they will portray the school activities dedicated towards interethnic integration in education, with the goal of strengthening the collaboration between the different ethnic communities and nurturing the cultural differences.
Criteria for participation and selection:
Only public secondary schools from the Republic of Macedonia are eligible to apply for the competition, and they can apply with:
- Video story
- Multimedia story (combination of text, video, audio and photography)
There is no limitation as to the number of multimedia products that one school can submit, but those have to cover different topics and activities in the context of interethnic integration in education.
The most important criteria for evaluating the best multimedia products are:
- The quality of the preparation of the multimedia product;
- The involvement of the students and the teachers in its preparation;
- The criteria for a successful implementation of joint student activities for interethnic integration in education, are available on the following link: http://mk.pmio.mk/gradenje-na-kapaciteti-materijali/алатки-за-успешно-спроведување-на-зае/
- The selection of the best multimedia products will be done by a professional committee consisted of representatives from USAID’s Interethnic Integration in Education Project (IIEP), professional photographers, journalists and producers.
The Prize Fund
The best-scoring schools, will receive the following prizes:
- First prize– GoPro Camera 3 and lap-top
- Second prize– GoPro Camera 3
- Third prize– digital camera
The rest of the schools with outstanding multimedia products will receive certificates and will participate on the ceremonial event – a gallery, which will be organized at the end of the competition.
How and until when can you apply?
The multimedia products, together with the form for application should be exclusively sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application for the competition Multi-via-media: How do we coexist together in the schools”, no later than February 16, 2015.
- Video stories should be filmed and edited with any sort of digital device and legal software which is available to the teachers and students. The final videos should be uploaded to YouTube, and then the link should be copied to the Form for application;
- Photo-stories should be prepared on PowerPoint presentation, one photo per slide and a legend for the same. The final photo-story should be sent together with the form for application;
- The multimedia stories should be prepared on Word document, and in addition to text, they should include photos and links to videos and audio pieces, which have been previously uploaded on YouTube or Soundcloud. The final multimedia story should be sent together with the form for application.
The form for application to the competition can be downloaded in the following link:http://pmio.mk/category/call-for-applications/
All information about the competition are available on the website of USAID’s Interethnic Integration in Education Project: www.pmio.mk
For additional information, please feel free to contact:
-Erlin Agich, IIEP/MCEC through e-mail: email@example.com, and phone: 070 225 284
-Slavco Milenkovski from the Macedonian Institute for Media, through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and phone: 02/ 30 90 144